Friday, May 3, 2013

All That He Hath Made

God saw all that He had made, and it was very good.  (Genesis 1:31)

Yes, it was very good, indeed!  I love exploring and discovering God's glory that is all around us ... in His flowers ... and trees ... and in all His creatures, great and small.

I recently enjoyed taking pictures of April's wildflowers, wisteria, and roses ... and now I'm looking forward to capturing the flowers of May, especially the magnolias.  

Our Little Gem Magnolia trees are literally loaded with buds, and I've been watching and waiting for the first blossom to make an appearance.


But, so far, the buds are tightly wrapped in their fuzzy little pods, as if they, too, are waiting ...


To every thing there is a season, and I know the magnolias will bloom in their -- and God's -- own time.  I've also noticed that the Queen Anne's Lace is making an appearance along the roadsides, and soon there will be summer's hydrangeas, butterflies, crape myrtles, and daisies.


So much beauty to be found all around us ... and I hope to capture and share just a little of it forever in pictures ... from my part of the world to yours. 

3 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Is there anything sweeter than a magnolia in bloom? How I love them!

When we moved into our last house (before this one), we had the most enormous magnolia tree in the sideyard. It's canopy was perfect, and it was a prolific bloomer. I miss it so much. They really are special.

On a different note, if you get two posts from me this morning, I had an issue with the first one and had to take it down. I did something the other day when I removed the comments from my blog, and for some reason, blogger has got it in its head that I want that every single time, though I change it and save the changes. That means I have to copy the post, create a new post, and delete the previous one. So I'm sorry if I have two that come up for you.

Have a great weekend, Janie!

XO,

Sheila

Stacey said...

I can't wait too! Our next door neighbor has a Little Gem right where can see it. It's full of buds.

Pat said...

Janie,

Even your pictures of the Magnolia buds are beautiful. Will be looking forward to seeing all the beautiful flowers of May.

Pat in Tallahassee